The recently reopened (June 2016) Iberostar Playa de Palma is located less than 10 minutes by taxi from the airport. Its beachfront location offers a direct access to Playa de Palma’s maritime promenade.
What nobody told us when we booked the hotel is that we arrived on the Opening day of the hotel after a vast refurbishment. Sleeping in a bed where nobody slept before is pretty nice but we obviously faced some teething problems. In that sense it is weird to pay the full price when the hotel’s installations and services are not fully running yet. The hotel only offered the drinks on the first evening.
We stayed in a Family Room that perfectly accommodated the four of us. Designed in a luminous and modern style, Iberostar Playa de Palma sets a new standard for upscale family accommodations in Playa de Palma. The children part of the room is equipped with two sofas that are convertible into beds and a large LCD screen. The bathroom separates the kids area from the parents bed and the terrace. The modern bathroom has two sinks, a large bathtub and a big separate rainshower and toilet. The room is perfectly isolated from noise. We found it weird that the parents bed was in fact 2 separate beds.
A large choice of food – buffet style – is available for breakfast and dinner. Live cooking stations prepare food to the minute. Food quality and freshness was very good. The hotel also meets the needs of guests who have special dietary needs or food allergies. The choice of wines was decent and at a reasonable price.
The pool is quite big and the sun beds are of really good quality, not the usual cheep plastic that you can find in beach hotels. You can of course order drinks and snacks while enjoying the pool.
A & C enjoyed the Kids Club and the attention from the girl in charge.
Fitness and Spa
The hotel has a modest fitness room with Technogym equipment. Next to it is a Spa offering all kinds of treatments and massages.
• There is some live music playing at the Bar in the evening. Nevertheless, should you wish to see a show, you only have to cross the street and go to the Iberostar Cristina where they have good entertainment shows.
• The proximity to the airport makes Iberostar Playa de Palma the perfect place for a weekend escape to the sunny island of Mallorca!
What we enjoyed the most:
• completely refurbished hotel with modern design
• luminous room with nice equipment
• ultrafast internet
• delicious Cocktails
What is improvable*:
• waiting time for checkin
• English level and training of some of the employees
• room allocation management. We were given a room with an enclosed view although there were better rooms from the same category available.
• 1 bottle of water on arrival only
• no bathrobe and slippers
*as said before: we arrived on Opening day and only stayed for 2 nights, so some of these items might have improved in the meantime. Since our stay we wanted to go back 2 times but the hotel was always sold out.
Where to find Iberostar Playa de Palma
Calle Marbella, 36
07610 Playa de Palma
Phone: +34 971 26 64 50