Liebster What? That was my thought when I read about the nomination while chilling on the sunbed in Dubai last week. I had never heard of the Liebster Award before.
After a little research I found out that a Liebster Award is way of acknowledging other like-minded individuals who are working hard to make waves in their own areas of interest. This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is not only a way to be discovered but also a way to support other bloggers in the blogging community. The award is passed on to other bloggers so that others get to know them. The word Liebster has German origins. The word “Liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart etc.
Letzflyaway has been nominated for a Liebster Award by Kid Friendly Europe. Kid Friendly Europe is Jennifer’s travel blog where she documents her travels with her family while sharing tips and deals. So thank you Kid Friendly Europe for nominating us!
Our 11 Questions from Kid Friendly Europe:
1. Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Flying solo a small airplane
3. If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
My family of course
4. Bike or Train?
5. What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
Discovering different countries, cultures, people and food!
6. What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
Omg, there a too many! Every travel is a best memory in such!
7. If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
8. Apple or Samsung?
9.What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
A very sick boyfriend (now husband) in Egypt (2001)
10.Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited.
1. Anse Source d’Argent, Seychelles
2. Halaveli, Maldives
3. Sanibel Island, Florida
11. How did traveling change your life?
It opened my eyes to the world and triggered an unstoppable wanderlust.
In no particular order, here are our 11 nominees:
1. Twinkle Toes Bowtique
2. Fredke and Friends
4. The Three Under
5. Mighty Traveliers
6. Luxembourg Meets the World
8. Adventures of Tampa Mama
9. Jetsetting Kids
11. My little adventures
So, how does this works?
For those who, like myself, had not come across the Liebster Award before, the way it works is generally like this – After you receive a nomination and accept taking on the award you then:
-Create a blog post on your site and display the Liebster award logo
-Answer the questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new bloggers for the Liebster Award
-Give your nominees a list of 11 questions they have to answer to keep the love going
-Notify the nominees
-Post your Liebster award blog post link in the comments column of the blogger who nominated you
Our 11 questions to nominees:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve done on vacation?
- Worst travel memory?
- Flying or driving?
- Beach or snow?
- What is your favorite food?
- You get a free night at the hotel of your choice. Where would you stay?
- Is there a place you’ve traveled to, you’d never return?
- Where do you live now? Why should someone visit your city?
- Where did you last go on vacation?
- Next travel destination?
Please leave your Liebster award blog post links here in the comments below as we would love to have a look at your answers. Thanks again to Kid Friendly Europe for the nomination!